£400 - £446
Business Data Analyst / Data Scientist, Business Intelligence (BI), Data Warehousing- Big Data, Spark, Hadoop, Google Cloud, SQL
Initial 3 Months
Osterley, West London
My customer is Europe's leading entertainment company and serves over 22 million customers across five countries.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
* Working with business departments to understand the business issues and data challenges, thereafter developing requirements, specifications and recommendations related to a proposed solution.
* Owning the end-to-end functional requirements process for the project requirements throughout the project life-cycle. Analysing the Business Requirements to propose and agree functional requirements for a delivery.
* Supporting formal change management processes, in conjunction with all IDS Technology teams.
* Capture and manage functional and non-functional system requirements according to agreed documentation standards.
* Help drive key data architecture and solution data modelling decisions by demonstrating a working understanding of the underlying data requirements, source systems and target business areas.
* Input and creation of LLD ensuring output adheres to best practises and ensuring development input and adherence.
* Ensuring all Analysis documents are consistently reviewed within the team to the agreed standard before wider distribution.
* Ensuring requirements are passed to development and test teams in an intuitive and consistent manner.
* Ensuring that risks and issues are identified in a timely manner and effectively communicated to the project lead and where appropriate proposed resolutions.
* Proactively and positively challenge the status quo and searches for continual improvements to processes and ways of working
* Operate as a product owner helping to define product vision and guide product development.
* Carry out Impact Assessment from current to future state and contribute to estimates for the cost of the proposed changes.
* Providing incident insight to support and development to enable resolution of incidents in a timely manner.
* In depth understanding of Business Intelligence best practice and principles
* Awareness of data integration projects on a large scale environment(s)
* A proactive and positive approach to the role. The role requires the individual to take ownership of tasks and drive them to completion.
* Proven experience of analysis skills in the context of complex BI systems and prioritising business requirements and identifying appropriate technical solutions.
* Excellent at requirement and validation gathering using various methods and styles coupled with a strong